Wednesday, May 11, 2011

I know this much is true

A prospect (for whom I'd left a voice mail an hour ago) just phoned in a panic.

"I really need the link to your site!" she said. "Didn't you send it?"

I told her I had, but that I would send it again. Just in case.

Turns out it was in her spam folder.

"Great!" she said. "This couldn't come at a better time. I have something big coming up and I could really use a writer."

This before she even read my portfolio.

Seriously.

Write this down and post it on your bathroom mirror.

For every one prospect who will be annoyed by your call, there are at least 50 who will act like you just answered their prayers.

En serio. There are people out there who really need a good copywriter RIGHT NOW and will be overjoyed if someone friendly and competent called them up right this minute.

I guarantee you, if you make enough calls, you will find someone who will be GAGA to hear from you. It will be like they have been sitting around all their life waiting for a writer to call.

I never would have believed it, but it happened twice my first day of cold calling. It still happens pretty regularly.

1 comment: